The PICAXE Create System is based around a PICAXE-18M2 Motherboard and various input/output modules which connect to the motherboard using patented 'micro-bric' connectors. These connectors, tightened and loosened with the supplied Allen key, are used to connect the various input/output modules to the 13 available motherboard connectors. When the bolts are tightened the plastic brics create both a strong mechanical and electrical joint, so that various circuit configurations can easily be built and adjusted by just swapping modules around - no soldering required to reconfigure the system!
Once the input/output modules have been configured as desired the motherboard can be used with any software application that supports the PICAXE hardware.
The starter pack contains:
- PICAXE-18M2 Motherboard
- Microbric connectors and Allen Key
- Touch sensor input
- Push switch input
- Slide switch input
- DS18B20 Temperature Sensor input
- LDR input
- Infra-red Input
- Terminal block generic connector
- Infra-red output
- Piezo output
- LED output
- Darlington transistor output (e.g. for buzzer)
- L293D reversible motor driver output
- Servo Output connector (purchase GBX013 servo separately)
- SRF005 Ultrasonic Range Finder connector (purchase SRF005 separately)
- Serial LCD connector (purchase AXE133 Serial LCD or AXE133Y Serial OLED separately)
The motherboard is supplied fully assembled, the input/output modules require soldering before first use. Once initially assembled (by the teacher) the students do not need to do any soldering to assemble, disassemble or reconfigure the system - all changes are made using the supplied Allen key.
All modules are also fully compatible with the BOT120 Microrobot, which uses the same microbric connectors. Naturally input/output modules can also be shared between multiple systems.
Fore more details about the PICAXE Create system please see the PICAXE Create information page.
Sorry, there's no revision history available for this product.